Make No Bones About It We're Vegan


Sunday, October 9, 2011

MoFo Day 9 GiGi Sells Food To Famous Vegan(s)

Last year during, my initiation into MoFo land I posted 29 days out of 30 or 31 days. I never remember that rhyme that tells you how many days each month has. If you know please tell me. I missed class that day, and if you've read any of my other blogs you could probably see that I cut, I mean missed a lot of other classes too. This year I missed two days in the first week of MoFo, which means I posted only 5 days. I did take a chance and post on the day a psychic yelled at me on the phone, (experience it live, just hit the link), so please, please, please cut me some slack or cut me some slacks. (I could use a new pair of pants).

Here is my big ass excuse. (If you are making me pants please don't make me big ass pants). Really. Veganville was busy saving millions of animals, (I wish), at the Animal Place "Music in the Meadow" event. Here are some pictures of our table at the event. It was an awesome day, and I'm even wearing one of PPK's Tees. We haven't gotten Veganville tees yet, but will sometime in the near future.
Notice how I am sitting with my food, but promoting PPK because that's the kind of vegan I am. Please ignore scotch tape at lower right corner.

Famous vegan celebrity cookbook author and keynote speaker Colleen Patrick-Goudreau bought a cuffin and a slice of pumpkin chocolate chip loaf. She is very sweet and thanked me for doing whatever it is I do for the animals. I considered not charging her, (especially when she called me GiGi), but something inside me said this famous vegan cookbook author and activist makes trillions, and gee I sure hope I make my vendor fee back. I charged her and Colleen even gave me an extra dollar since it took me long to find change in my old pants. (Still waiting for you to make new ones for me). I wish I had a picture of me sweating while looking for change for Colleen Patrick Goudreau.

I shared a booth with my buddy, Roni from Daisywares. I'd post a picture of Roni and give you a link, but Roni doesn't need any more press from me. She sold more vegan bath care and necklaces than I did voopee pies. So no link :) NO here it is.

Check out the "vegan" license plate in the background.




Here I am playing "Guess Who's Under the Hat". Roni sits this round out.
Piper Crusell, the event coordinator, did a great job pulling this all together. Great job for a great cause. I didn't get an opportunity to take any pics, but I do want to do a shout out to some great vendors.
Nacheez is a topping or a dip or something or a pasta topping or something you just eat right out of the jar. I got to try their delicious medium spice flavor over some chips and let me tell you it went down smooth with just the right bite. I would order some online if I were you. Isla Hess and Chris Sanders, co founders of Nacheez, are super nice too. They gave me lots of chips too.
http://www.nacheez.com/

Check out this awesome family owned vegan grocery store in Sacramento. Uber cool Jen and Shawn Forsight are moving to a new space in mid-October, but you can follow them online and on FB. Rad buttons, tees, accessories, vegan jerky, all kinds of food, food, food, food and cookbooks. http://www.neverfeltbettervegan.com/

I also had the opportunity to sample some delicious and I mean delicious raw food from Baagan, a raw cafe in Roseville, California. The chia granola was to die for. We traded too. One voopee pie for a bag of these cheezy kale chips, which you can order online at the link I provided.


Crazy Boy, (Mr. Veganville), and I were so pooped afterward, plus we had a 2.5 hour ride back home, that we regretfully didn't get to play with all the animals. We did sit and watch the adorable bunnies before we hippity hoppitied on home though. Thank you for having us Animal Place. Thank you for your compassionate work!!!

9 comments:

  1. *said with a needle between my lips* I'm trying to sew them as fast as I can, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cara...so so what???? Hurry up, please. Please, I'm cold.
    Thank you VeggieAmanda!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a fabulous table-full of vegan treats you're hawking for the animals. I woudda bought some. I think it's hard to sell stuff at an event where people are getting samples for free, so if that was the case, don't feel too bad if you didn't sell it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, thank you, Andrea. We actually well. Some folks were saying my samples were a little big.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a lovely time! I didn't know that there was a rhyme that helped one remember how many days were in each month. I must have missed that day too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We did, thanx BBA! Ha. Yeah the rhyme is something like 30 days past September...?

    ReplyDelete
  7. 30 days hath September, April, June, and November. All the rest have 31...except for the 2nd one.

    That's how I learned it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanx so much, for the rhyme, Mo. Oh no that means, that means, that means October has a lot more posts than other months!!!

    ReplyDelete