I am so elated after that phone call, that I can now go on, and make this award winning candy. I am so inspired that I have included this week's MoFo secret ingredient in the candy. Shhhhh. Coconut! Don't ask me why but this tastes remarkably like chocolate caramel. Wowie.
Award Winning Raw Candy
4 pitted dates
1/3 C coconut oil, melted or room temperature
3/4 C cocoa powder
1/2 C Agave
1 T raw peanut butter
2 T almond butter
2 tsp non-alcoholic vanilla
2 T agave
shredded unsweetened coconut
1. Combine dates and coconut oil in a small bowl and let soak for 30 minutes.
2. Transfer to food processor and add cocoa powder, 1/2 cup agave and process until very smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, combine peanut butter and almond butter, vanilla and 2 tbsp agave and mix well. (this is the filling)
4. Place 12 mini muffin cups on a large plate. Fill each cup about halfway full with the chocolate mixture. Gently spread about 1 teaspoon peanut butter in each cup.
5. Top cups with the remaining chocolate, covering the peanut butter completely. Variation: I covered some with coconut and topped with cacao nibs, so I would have a candy assortment.
6. Chill the cups in the freezer for about 2 hours before serving.
While you are waiting for the candy to chill, you can chow down on something else, write your acceptance speech or call another toll free number. Thanx for reading, viewing, etc.