Make No Bones About It We're Vegan


Monday, August 8, 2011

I don't like to keep peanut butter around. Peanut butter is relentless. Ground buttery legumes whisper to me from wherever Larry has tried to hide them- behind the coriander and cumin, beneath a Peet's house blend or under several semi dark chocolate chip bags or even in the closet next to his hats.That pesky Pb jar knows that I am just an arm length and a big wooden spoon away. PB was my first vegetarian go to food. I bought fresh Pb in tubs from my local health food store.Pb is warm from the machine. I ate it from the container and spread it on graham crackers with a little bit of honey. When I was 18 I lived in Louisiana and on a midnight jaunt found Mr. Peanut Butter Cookies in the town's Piggly Wiggly. Hello Beautiful. I think Peanut Butter should have a skull and crossbones on it just like Scope. Wait Scope doesn't have a warning label on it. Maybe that 's just in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment