Make No Bones About It We're Vegan


Monday, August 15, 2011

Don't Be a Dum Dum, Dum Dum and Vegan Posole

So I have this big ass contest going on here in Veganville. Yep since like um before last week. Yep. Lots of people, yep lots and lots of people have entered.


NOT!

You know how many????  Look below for the answer.


You don't see any numbers. Do you? You don't see anything at all, right? That's because NOBODY ENTERED! NOBODY!
Bupkis. A big ass zero for the big ass contest. Which in my self respected opinion is:

Dum, Dum, Dum!  When you could win yum yum yum! See contest! Hey...speaking of dum, dum, dum. That's the name of the dummy pic above. This is a photo dear to my beating ventricle. It's from the ultra fantastic Etsy shop, Snailbooty. If I were you I would move my booty over to Snailbooty before I snatch up this pic for myself. 

Did you know that I was almost a ventriloquist? Well I was... I had a dum dum like the middle dum shown above. Jerry and I were inseparable when I was in the first grade. We had matching red suits and we went everywhere together. Jerry would even order dinner for me. "GiGi will have a knish, and I'll have a Shirley Temple." That is until Jerry's head fell off!

Hey look what I found. I knew I'd find you my long lost friend! Sob, Sob. You can find Jerry's head sans body at Marieskidscollege, a nifty little vintage shop only on Etsy. Why he's almost like "Johnny got his gun" of the dummy world.

I think I'm gonna see if my friend Gil the lamp guy can make Jerry's noggin into a lampshade, just for old time's sake. Gil says they will put a lightbulb in anything. Even Jerry.
And let me tell you- some heads are going to roll if nobody plays my contest, Bahahaha. Jerry said that, not me. Dum de dum dum.
While we are waiting for a contestant to freaking show up, here's a delicious recipe for Posole. 
Traditional Posole is more brothy, so feel free to up the liquid content. Either way it's a bowl of hearty goodness. I like it more stew like.

Pozole Stew

1 small can roasted diced chipotle peppers
3 cloves of garlic chopped
1 C chopped onions
1 T canola oil
1 Summer squash diced
1 yellow, red or green pepper diced
1 zucchini diced (boy this is getting dicey)
1 tomato diced
2 tofurky links sliced (we slice 'em we dice 'em)
3 T tomato paste
15 oz can hominy (drained)
16 oz can pinto beans with chipotle rinsed and drained
1 tsp. cumin
1.5-3 C vegan broth or H2O
sea salt to taste
oregano to taste
cilantro julienned (optional)
1 avocado (optional)
lime
tortilla chips

***** breaking news******we interrupt this recipe to bring you a contestant****All the way from Chicago****
I Can't believe I won another box of voopees, GiGi!


I'm speechless, Oprah.

But I'm not speechless!
How did you like my Oprah impression, GiGi?

At one time you had the upper hand in our relationship Jerry, but now you have no hands so I win. So bob on out of here so I can finish this recipe.



Posole continued: without interruption, Jerry!
Heat oil in big heavy pot and add chipotle, onions, garlic and veggies, and saute. Add remaining veggies and tofurky rounds and cook til lightly browned. Add hominy, beans, tomato paste, spices and the amount of water (or veggie broth) you are comfortable with. Simmer for about a half hour. Serve in bowls. Top with cilantro, lime and avocado. (I added lime to the Pasole while it was cooking) then added more to my bowl. Just because I like it.

I used to like Pazole, but now it goes right through me. Bahaha. Good Oprah impression, huh, GiGi,huh?
Jerry quit talking over me! Sorry for all the interruptions today, folks.  Hey don't be a dum dum. Be a smarty. Play the contest, join the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment