Make No Bones About It We're Vegan


Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A "To Whom It Concerns" Letter to Me

If you are trolling cyber space now and happen upon Veganville I would like to be perfectly clear. Today, to the untrained eye Veganville might appear to be a job resume service. Today and only today we might appear to be loosely associated with ESL or even the Better Business Bureau. Normally all these fancy pants factions are outside Veganville's jurisdiction. Veganville is a place that is concerned with vegan food, occasionally fashion, and cruelty- free makeup. You know all the true sustances of life. Stick around I'll give you some food pics at the end of the post. Right now I need to get on my high horsey. It's my blog and I can cry if I want to.

Every other week I receive an e-mail from a blogger interested in Veganville goodies. At first this might be flattering until you read the body of the letter and hit their link. I am always gracious. I have done giveaways on reputable sites, mostly vegan and am always happy to participate if the site is truly interested in Veganville.

Dear Etsy person-
Yummy. I have a blog. I think yer stuff wuld be perfect and my readers wuld like ur stuff alot.
Here is the linc: I wuld like to revue yoiur box.

"Lincs" invariably lead me to army wife blogs or Appalachia themed food sites. Postings include roast piggy complete with mouth apple, "revue" of charcoal briquette, and how to make garlands from Vienna sausage and fruit loops. The magical fit with their readers seems to elude me.
Today I received a letter that was so excited about me and Veganville.

To Whom It May Concern,


I have a blog about food called " ". I do reviews & giveaways of different products for companies. You can check out my blog here:  Please let me know if you would like to work with me on a review and/or giveaway. Typically a company will send me something to review and then I’ll offer the same item or items to a winner on my blog...blahblahblahblahblahbladdy blah.

At least I got a "yum" in the Appalachian letter. Correct me if I'm wrong here. I think that's a form letter. It's not even from the IRS or Visa. It's not a publisher rejection letter. It's a letter to me, although they don't know who I am, what my shop is and never mention any of my product. They would however like me to pay at least $22 to ship my items to them and their lucky winner. This does not include my labor fees or ingredient costs. Yippeekayay. Note to sender if you are in the job market please don't send potential employers form letters. Read:dumpster.

To Whom it may concern
You are not getting the above Sam Sam cake!
Signed,
I am not concerned

 
Now that I got that off my chest. Check out this customer appreciation photo I received from an Austin, Texas fan . I think this beautiful face is the perfect candidate for the national "voopee pie" campaign. Thank you so much!


What do you think? Got any Veganville pics, I'd love to see them. Thanks so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment