Make No Bones About It We're Vegan


Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I'm Hungry!!!

Two of my buddies and I have tipped the scales again and have vowed to get back on track tomorrow. Actually, yesterday! This is not like my hefty blogs of yore, (remember that pissy nurse who weighed me last year?). Remember when that nasty ass nurse told me my bra was too tight...? That a too tight bra can cause back problems. Well that's not going to happen this time. I've stopped a bit before the booby trap snapped. I've also gotten more sane about food and brassieres. If I can spend money on food, (or in my case eat the remainders and profits of someone's order), I can afford a well made bra. I can also afford to purchase Isa Chandra Moscowitz',
"Appetite For Reduction"...Wonder if I can get it at a reduced price. I really wanna try it. I think we had our last hurrah this weekend.

It started off innocently. Yep Mo and I were going to split this portabello sandwich with yummy 1000 Island, (made with vegennaise, pickle relish and vegan BBQ sauce).We thought of making a lightweight vegan antipasto. Mo is some dicer/sous chef.

Instead we wound up with pounds of potato salad, (say that three times fast). Recipe coming soon.


Later that weekend we just had to down some Mexican Wedding Cookies we were making for a friend's surprise package. The recipe can be found in Colleen Patrick-Goudreau's "The Joy Of Vegan Baking". They are delish. A little too delish!


And these foods were all just the tip of the iceberg. And I'm not talking iceberg lettuce.
There's been a food fest all weekend. Hey don't worry. We can still eat great here at Veganville even though me and the home girls have to lose a few pounds. I'll be back with that kick ass potato salad recipe, right after I have my dinner of wilted watercress and boiled lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment