Make No Bones About It We're Vegan


Thursday, February 17, 2011

That Potato is Loaded

For some doggone reason I thought the V-Day rush would be over before V-Day. Bahahaha.  NO not another pink frosting! To counteract the pink and red sprinkly stuff this week we whipped up some kick ass caramel sauce. This caramel is so versatile that it can top vegan ice creams, be swirled into frostings, top apples, whatever your little vegan heart can dream up. We had it over some spiced apples with a dollop of vanilla soy yogurt. I've been experimenting with so much of this gooey sauce that maybe I should move to Carmel, California. Actually, I'm in sugar shock right now and wrote this blog in less than 10 seconds. I will have to go on a detoxifying diet tomorrow. I will not approach the scale 'til Monday...because I also ate this.
And this potato was so loaded it got stopped by a cop. Yuk! Yuk. Beep Beep.

Caramel Sauce
1 Cup of Earth Balance
1/2 C Organic Brown sugar
1/2 C Corn Syrup
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/4 tsp Sea salt

Melt 1 cup of Earth Balance in heavy saucepan. Add brown sugar and corn syrup. Stir constantly, bring to slow boil and then down to a simmer. Stir in baking soda and remove from heat, but keep stirring until, (it'll foam up-it's supposed to), it's the consistency you want. Don't worry that pretty head of yours if you want it thick just keep that wooden spoon moving!

I'll be back with the loaded potato recipe as soon as the potato gets out of jail.

No comments:

Post a Comment