Make No Bones About It We're Vegan


Saturday, November 13, 2010

Lucky MoFo13 Paella Explained


Paella has often been confused with non related food items. Today I will clear up this mess.

Paella is sometimes mixed up with payos. Payos, is a side curl. Paella is sometimes a side dish. Paella although sometimes acidic is not at all Hasidic. In a dirty restaurant you might find a hair in your paella it still does not make a paella peyos.





Paella has sometimes been called payola, not crayola although yes, Paella is a colorful dish. I can understand the mix up. Paella is so tasty that you might want to give a local DJ some shekels to broadcast just how great paella is. Don't do it I say. Alan Freed's last dinner on the outside was Paella. Payola is not paella. Remember you don't want to wind up in the Big House.

So kids, now that we straightened that out, let's make the Valencian dish, Paella. I used turmeric because there was no saffron readily available.

1C basmati rice
2 C boiling H20
1 T olive oil
3/4 of an onion
1 green onion
3 cloves garlic minced
1 green pepper diced
1 red pepper diced
1 tomato diced
110 oz can of artichoke hearts drained
5 hearts of palm
2 Tofurky sausages sliced
1 C frozen peas thawed
1 tsp turmeric
1 T paprika
sea salt

Mix rice and boiling water and let stand for 20 minutes. When ready pour off water. In the mean time heat oil in large fry pan over medium heat,(I like to spray the pan first), and saute onion and garlic until translucent. 5 minutes or so.
Add tofurkey, peppers, tomato and saute another 3 minutes. Add broth, rice and bring to boil. Reduce to simmer. Add sea slat, paprika, turmeric, peas, artichokes, hearts of palm. Cover and simmer about 20 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes.

See ya manana.



7 comments:

  1. ha ha, you are crazy! yummy paella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, so, a few years ago I worked in this restaurant and for some reason could NOT pronounce paella. Like, the chef gave me a flashcard with it written out phonetically and for some reason I just couldn't do it. And now, I can't figure out what the heck I was doing because it's really not hard at all. Anyway, yummmm PAELLA! haha:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE paella! The best veggie paella I ever had was in Spain. We try to make it on occasion and I like it, but not as much as what I had in Spain. I'll have to give your recipe a try sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanx for reading! Did the chef write pie-ay- ya on the flashcard Amandah?

    Let me know if yoiu try this recipe Amandah?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fantastic. I LOVE all things peas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the laugh and the yummy recipe! it's been ages since I've tried making paella!

    ReplyDelete