Make No Bones About It We're Vegan


Monday, October 15, 2012

OMoFo 14 Germanfest Shakedown

Today is Oktoberfest  Monday here at Veganville. I usually prepare a hearty German feast. Today's dream menu included a thick barley soup with a dense brown bread, a roasted beet salad with caramelized onion and a Black Forest shhhhtrrrudel. Please roll your rrrrrrs.

Then I woke up. In non-Mofo life Heimlich (that's crazy boy's German name) and I eat lots of kale salads, raw foods, rice pasta and veggies, smoothies. We exercise a lot. Heimlich's biggest calorie burning activity of late has been cleaning up the kitchen after Fraulein.

Still we were set on cooking this Shmorg-ass board for you and us, then Heimlich had this big idea about weighing in first. Tell me the truth, is anybody else's waist band expanding,and does my ass look fat in this picture?

GiGi's weigh-in


Heimlich's weigh-in

 


Like days of yore, Heimlich and I have decided to drink our dinner. Sans booze this time. Sure it's calorie heavy and lacking nutrients but hey so are we.

Black Forest Shakes

32 oz almond milk
10 oz of black cherry preserves
1/3 C dark cocoa powder
1/8th C dried cherries
1 C soy yogurt
2 packets of stevia
3 ice cubes

Special Equipment: 2 Steins

Mix half cherry preserves with yogurt and add to blender or your very special Vita-mix you lucky duck you. Add Almond milk and mix. Blend in cocoa powder, and remaining ingredients.



Everything tastes better when you got a cat by your side. Sorry no chocolate for you Zuul.
Until next time. Thanx for reading.

18 comments:

  1. You look pretty skinny to me, but I know that heavy feeling. I'm feeling it after four days in San Diego. Drink up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did you read this before this was published? Silly blogger.
      Haha. I'm acutally pretty good, but everything has felt so dense. How's SD?

      Delete
  2. I know how it is. Dinner is always the hardest to get down. I'm glad you didn't just blend up borscht and bread and drink it. This sounds a lot tastier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ewwww. Borshdt and bread smoothie. It was, FF thank you.

      Delete
  3. Mmm, black forest shakes! They sound and look amazing and Zuul is such a cutie :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, Zuul has been such a good model lately.

      Delete
  4. I prefer your shake to the gluteny meal you were going to make. Anything that is vegan, GF and has black forest in the title is my kind of thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)Yes , I am becoming quite fond of Black Forest combos.

      Delete
  5. I'm having a Black Forrest Shake for breakfast tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if it gives you the AM jolt you need.

      Delete
  6. Dude! Dying here! I'm totally experiencing the MOFO expansion. I don't even dare to get on the scale. Think I'm overdue for my run today! P.S. your black forest awesomeness doesn't look like it would add much lb's. It looks healthy tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me too need a run and a workout. It was a great dinner and filling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that shake looks like a real pick me up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of that cherry goodness in your shake sounds marvelous! You raise an interesting point with the MoFo Expansion. Maybe next year we'll see an influx of salad-based themes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is tasty. Maybe there can be an all salad MoFo ;)

      Delete