Make No Bones About It We're Vegan


Monday, May 2, 2011

Recipe For Love

I promise I will get to this awesome tempeh reuben we had on Larry's birthday, but I'd like to share some thoughts on the most recent world event. It is my sincerest hope that the following opinions do not get me ex-communicated from the Veganhood. I hope we can all keep an open mind and respect each others' point of view with compassion. Mostly, I hope I can keep all my blog followers...after all- I have good vegan food pics following this. I might even include a recipe.

First and foremost I am a pacifist and a vegan. I don't believe in killing and I don't condone destruction.

I am also a spiritualist and believe there is a loving entity somewhere either out there or within   all of us. I believe this entity of love tries to get everyone's attention and ultimately wants each and every one of us to take the higher path-of love. I could never be judge or jury but I do believe there is evil that lurks in some mens' and womens' hearts. They will never hear the calling of love. Destruction and terrorism is evil. Do I believe in an eye for eye? No. Never. Am I happy that Osama Bin Laden is dead? In a way, yes. If his death can save the planet from any more senseless killlings, yes. Do I have compassion...Yes, even for Osama Bin Laden. Another hideously tortured soul.  But mostly I have compassion for all his victims and their families.

A Recipe For Love

May I be an instrument of peace
Where there is hatred may I bring Love
Where there is injury may I bring pardon
Where there is doubt may I bring faith
Where there is despair let me bring hope
In darkness may I bring light
And where there is sadness let me bring joy.
Grant that I many not so seek to be consoled as to console
To be understood as to understand
To be loved as to love
For it is in giving that we receive
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned


Wishing you all a peaceful journey. I'll be back with the sandwich tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment