Make No Bones About It We're Vegan


Tuesday, October 30, 2012

MoFo 27 Training Tuesday Parfait Love

MoFo count down. Anybody still here? It's my last Training Tuesday of Mofo. I got so tired of hearing myself bitch and moan about my low running mileage week after week that I pounded the pavement this week. Yay! Psycho boy must have even felt bad for me because he went out and found a new running trail for me and clocked the mileage even. How sweet is that?! I ran 5 miles today and 5 miles the other day, and also put in a 4 mile run on the new trail. I've increased my sit ups, and did strength and cardio training too. I'm back in the saddle again. Progress not perfection is always a good thing to remember.
Running was a necessity after whipping up and devouring this dessert doozy.



I tell you that dessert is a many splendid layered thing. After today's run I hope I have the stamina to write out the recipe. The pudding contains chia seed and flax seed and is perfect for after a workout. Hey speaking of workouts, I know I promised you an exercise video. Remember I promised to show you how to run the lines. I finally came through. ;) Most public tennis courts are empty mid day or late morning and this is a great exercise to do on a tennis court to get you moving. I recently heard an interview with the singer Pink, and when she was asked about how she lost her pregnancy weight she said that running short sprints was what cracked the metabolic code. And if you didn't already know it, yes Pink is a vegan too!


I hope I can sleep after those magic chia seeds. Zzzz. I now owe you one Psycho Boy soup recipe and one Magic Chia Parfait recipe. Tomorrow, I promise. Thanks for um swinging by.

12 comments:

  1. Great job on your runs and sit-ups! I enjoyed watching the video of how to run lines. I'd never heard of that before, but it looks like it would make for a good workout! The first video - Run Lines 002 - wouldn't play. It says, "This video is private." Is it trying to make me feel bad for getting too personal and pressing for more information? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cadry. How's the gym going? hahaha. Thanx for the head's up. It's playing now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! I got to see it now! You look so great! You should do more videos outside. It's easier to see your pretty face!

      Thanks for asking about the gym. It's going well. I'm still sticking with the elliptical and doing some weights too. I'll be doing the body builders' circuit in no time! ;)

      Delete
    2. Awww, you are so sweet, I think that was my stand-in. You are right about outside.
      I'll see you on the podium. You go Cadry!

      Delete
    3. Oh, I just read an article in Shape Magazine at the gym the other day. Pink is on the cover and was interviewed. They asked about her diet, and she's not vegan or even vegetarian. I'd thought that she was too, but she eats fish and I think she also said chickens. :(

      Delete
  3. Wow awesome job with the runs. I've only just the last couple days started exercising at home again, and only a very little bit, ha. But I did bike yesterday....anyway.
    Parfait! It sounds delicious. Can't wait for the pumpkin chia recipe. October is over and I haven't had anywhere near enough pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey you started again, good for you FF.
      Thank you!
      You need more pumpkin in your life.

      Delete
  4. Enjoyed the videos, and running the lines looks like a great exercise. I like running patterns that show you exactly where to go. Now I just need a tennis court. I'm pretty sure they'll all be empty around here now that the rain has started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no it started raining!!! Thank you. It's a good workout. Run with galoshes on.

      Delete
  5. I'm trying to return to my training regimen too! It's not easy, so way to go!

    That dessert looks unreal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Candy Beans. You'll get back to it, MoFo is so awesome but it has a way of derailing our best intentions.

      Delete
  6. Hi Cadry. I commented earlier, thank you for the head's up. The video is fixed.
    All my comments and comments from everyone have disappeared. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete