1. A big thank you goes out to Stevie Wonder who penned the song, "Isn't She Lovely?"
2. And a big shoutout to my friend Lionel Richie who wrote especially for me, "She's Once Twice, Three Times a Blogger."
If you are too young to know who these men are you probably never drove a 1969 Caddy with AM radio in 1981. Don't worry about it, the joke wasn't that good anyway. For future reference, Stevie Wonder is blind and once wore dreads. Lionel Richie as you will see on Wikipedia was signed to Motown with a band called the Commodores. Richie also has a uber chic skinny ass daughter, Nicole. Nicole was once besties with one of those party girl hotel heiresses, but then they had a big fight in the hotel room.
Stick around for the rest of the acceptance speech so you can attend the vegan after party.
1. Thank you Cadry, of Cadry's Kitchen. Cadry and I were separated at birth, even though I am decades older. Cadry is a star cook, raw juicer, and star of silent screen. Sorry Stevie.
Cadry makes me guffaw.
2. Thank you Meg from The Snarky Chickpea. I happened upon Snarky a couple of Mofos ago when she was just opening her first can of chickpeas. Her voice was honest, funny and well of course snarky, and her recipes sounded delicious and easy.
3.Thank you to Richa from Vegan Richa. Vegan Richa is the updated Hobby and More. Richa is a doozer and kind person to boot. Richa churns out beautiful Indian recipes, breads, gluten free desserts at an alarming rate. She makes Martha Stewart look like a lazy ass.
I'm supposed to pass on the award, but most people I know have received the award many times over, and I don't want to make this like a bad chain letter. Still I'll probably come back and give someone something. Quickly, in Loveliest Blogger here are 5 things you probably don't know about me.
1. I can't eat cooked celery, but I can eat raw celery.
2. I can't eat raw zucchini, but I can eat cooked zucchini.
3. I cannot eat an apple unless it segmented.
4. My favorite dessert would be a vanilla milkshake,(made with rice dream ice cream), and a black and white cookie.
5. I wish I had a knish with mustard right now.
Did you stick around for the party?
|You can find this super cute vegan dish by Jeanette Zeis on Etsy|
We set up a last minute impromptu yogurt bar.
2 C plain Wildwood Soy yogurt
3/4 C Cold Coconut Milk
8 oz. TJ's Very Cherry Blend Frozen Fruit
1 T ground flax seed
1-2 T agave
2 Stevia packets
Add everything to blender, and blend well. If you prefer a smoothie, just add some rice, soy, hemp or almond milk, get your trusty swirly straw ready and you are set to slurp.
If the yogurt is your thing, pour into your ice creme maker and follow manufacturer's directions.
Thanx for sticking around for the party. I'll be back with a recap of our mini vacation and a fun gift idea and some Veganville changes. See ya soon.